General Manager/CEO – Mid-Dakota Rural Water System
The Mid-Dakota Rural Water System (MDRWS), headquartered in Miller, SD, exists to supply clean water to a large section of central South Dakota, including several counties and municipalities, and thousands of residents.
We are seeking an individual who can excel as our next General Manager/CEO. In that position, you will provide leadership to professional and support staff, will oversee construction, operations and maintenance of the water system, and will have primary responsibility for the organization’s financial well-being. You will work closely with, and report to, our governing board.
To be considered, you need a bachelor’s degree in business, Engineering, or a related field, plus five or more years of successful management experience, preferably in a service or utility industry. Experience with financial management, analysis and budgeting is important, as are strong planning and project management skills.
Operational Responsibilities Include:
· Ensure the continual uninterrupted supply of water to customers
· Seek ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of water system facilities and equipment
· Assure proper and timely response to service calls
· Implement and enforce safe work programs and practices
· In conjunction with Board and staff, establish and implement water rates
Financial Responsibilities Include:
· Optimize MDRWS finances; assure that proper accounting procedures are followed
· Review and analyze monthly and annual financial statements
· Prepare, present and follow annual budgets and work plans
Supervisory Responsibilities Include:
· Oversee recruitment, selection and leadership of professional and support staff
· Provide necessary staff training and development
· Evaluate employee performance and provide effective feedback
· Direct and support department heads
· Conduct supervisor and staff informational meetings on a regular basis
Board Responsibilities Include:
· Plan and attend Board meetings
· Review operation reports and financial statements with the Board
· Prepare and present recommendations for Board consideration
· Prepare and present necessary loan and grant applications for Board consideration
· Assist the Board with strategic planning
· Serve as an ex-officio member on all Board committees
Administrative Responsibilities Include:
· Administer construction contracts
· Authorize purchases as necessary
· Consult with engineers and legal counsel
· Serve as lobbyist for the organization with legislative and regulatory agencies
· Attend meetings as necessary
· Travel to sites within the service area as well as out of state meetings as required
Compensation Range for the General Manager/CEO: $90,000 to $120,000, depending on experience.
A comprehensive benefits package includes: health, dental and life insurance, long-term disability, supplemental insurance, flex plan, 401k with excellent match, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays and company vehicle.
To apply: https://jobs.ourcareerpages.com/jobapplication/313003
For more information, contact:
Dan Oakland, HR Consultant
Alternative HRD, 2329 N. Career Avenue, Ste 201, Sioux Falls, SD 57107
Mid-Dakota is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.